Rotary Camera Club
13th Meeting held at 24 Watts Gardens Cupar, 12th April 07
Present G Bowen, G Pirie, B.Low, B Simandi, S Mitchell, K.McLaren, M Hendry, I Donaldson,
Apologies, I Copland, B Rollo, C Strong
Graham Bowen then took the meeting through all the Tips of the Day suggestions from the Judges over the past 2 years
Points arising during this were discussed and several suggestions put forward.
1. Roy Robertson, a member of the Dundee Photographic Club, currently has an exhibition on at the Verdant Works - well worth a visit.
2. Think about purchasing your next Camera with interchangeable Lenses
3. Photoshop Elements 5 is relatively easy to use
4. The GIMP is devised for free use (see http://www.gimp.org/)
With regard to printing your photos
1. Printer needs to be good
2. Watch out for the various paper quality that you can purchase
3. Ink compatibles sometimes work but be careful, they are not for everybody.
Graham then went on to judge the “Winter Scene” Competition marking each out of 10. The winner by the narrowest of margins was Michael Hendry given 8, with Bill Low & Sandy Mitchell sharing the runners up spot on 7.5
Sandy then thanked Graham Bowen for leading the discussion session and for judging the competition.
A decision was taken about our Outing which this year is to be to Branklyn Garden overlooking Perth on Kinnoull Hill. The date is Thursday 10th May, arriving around 10am at Isle of Skye Hotel for Coffee etc. spending around 2 hours in Branklyn and then having Lunch at Cree's Inn, Abernethy on the way home.
Information regarding transport etc. follows later.
A O C B
1. A Summer Challenge to try and have a photo on BBC Weather page
2. Next year try and have more mounted prints for competition
3. Aim for a small exhibition possibly sharing with the Art Club
4. Hold an annual meeting that has open discussion about problems etc.
5. Possible Talk & Judge, from Crail, Brian Clark
Graham Bowen thanked Ken and June for hosting the Meeting and for providing refreshments.
Finally, a reminder to send your entry for the "Winter Scene" Competition to Michael
See Also [ Home Page | Links | Local Area | Members | News ]