Rotary Club of Leven 1938
Robert G.Brown of Cupar Club, as District Vice Chairman was Leven Clubs sponsor. The inaugural luncheon was held in the Beach Hotel, Leven on 24th January, 1939 when 23 club members were supported by 60 guests from other Rotary Clubs.
Charter night was, 16th may 1939 in the Lundin Links Hotel where due to space restrictions, the number of diners was limited to 80.
Cupar Probus Club 1971
In 1971 the Rotary Club of Cupar started a Probus Club for retired men, mostly non-Rotarians which meets once a month with a guest speaker.
Cupar Inner Wheel 1974
The logical progression of many years of assistance and co-operation in Rotary activities by the wives and friends of Cupar Rotarians was crystalised in the birth of an Inner Wheel Club in l974, which, while independent, continues to give wholehearted help to Rotary activities.
Rotary Club of Knighton
Dick Morgan, a Welshman, represented a national firm of seedsmen and came to Fife in 1957. In 1963 when he was resident at Strathmiglo he was invited to Join the Rotary Club of Cupar.
The Rotary experience had such a positive effect on Dick that he was inspired on his return to Wales to take the necessary steps to establish a Rotary Club.
The Rotary Club of Knighton is very much a child of the Rotary Club of Cupar.
Howe of Fife Rotary Club 1990
The formation of a new Club sharing the Cupar Club territory had been in the minds of Cupar Members for a number of years as it was recognised that there was a case to form an evening Club to cater for those potential Rotarians whose location and work commitments prevented then from attending at lunchtime.
The initial meeting of the rotary Club of the Howe of Fife took place in the Lomond Hills Hotel, Freuchie at the instigation of the incumbent President of Cupar in 1990, Gavin J Reekie, Immediate Past President Leslie McAndrew and District Extension Officer Doug Westland. Those invited as potential members were Bob Simson, James Storrar, Robin Rippin and Oliver Will, all four of whom are still active within the Club. Over the next few weeks other prospective Members were invited to come along and the Interim Rotary Club of the Howe of Fife was formed.
The inaugural meeting of the Club took place on 2nd May, 1990 with district Governor George Brown of Laurencekirk presiding. The Club's Charter Dinner was in the Corn Exchange, Cupar on 21st August, 1990 when the late Colin Risk, Past District Governor presented the Club Charter. The Club had 28 founding Members, 12 of whom are still active within the Club.
See Also [ Home Page | Links | Local Area | Members | News